We all know we live in a world where visuals reign king, but do you know exactly how important your business’s visuals are?
Social media graphics are often added in as an afterthought, but business owners should not be thinking that way. Your visuals can be the first touch a potential customer sees of your brand and if it doesn’t resonate with them they will quickly move on.
You can create a killer impression with the graphics you use on your social platforms, but you have to make sure you’re including all of the graphics for each of your blog posts to get maximum exposure.
In this post, we share the 10 graphics you need to be using for every blog to increase traffic, generate more leads, and make more sales for your business. Sound like a good idea to you? Great, let’s get started!
The 10 Graphics You Need For Every Blog Post To Increase Your Traffic
Let’s start with the most visual platform of them all: Pinterest.
There are two primary graphics you’ll need for Pinterest…
Graphic to promote your blog post, like this one:
Graphic to promote your blog post that features a content upgrade, like this one:
You can also include “hidden” Pinterest graphics within your post that only show up for people if they click the “pin it” button while reading your post.
You can hide a graphic by inputting the following code in the HTML of your blog post:
<div style=”display: none;”><img src=”YOUR LINK HERE” /></div>
What makes a great Pinterest graphic?
- Ideal sizing: 800 x 1200 is the recommended size for Pinterest pins. Vertical pins attract more clicks and traffic than horizontal pins.
- Easy to read text: People are scrolling through Pinterest at lightening speed, so you want to stand out and use easy to read text so your ideal audience will stop and click through your pins.
- Congruent with your brand: Utilize your brand colors and logo within your Pinterest graphic. This will help people scrolling to recognize your brand immediately.
P.S. Give us a follow on Pinterest!
Now let’s focus on Instagram.
Instagram has been getting a lot of flack lately (we’ve even scaled back on how often we post because it became all too much) but it’s still an important visual platform that can be a game changer for a lot of businesses.
There are several options for Instagram graphics:
Instagram post with content upgrade:
Instagram story with content upgrade:
What makes a great Instagram graphic?
- Ideal sizing: 1080 x 1080 is what you’ll want to use for photos used in your feed. Stories you will want to use 750 x 1334.
- Call to action: Give your followers a reason to take action and click through to read your blog post.
- Congruent with your brand: Another place you should be using your branding colors, logo, etc. If you’re consistent across all social networks, people will start to take notice!
P.S. Give us a follow on Instagram!
Related post: How We Use Instagram As A Business (And How You Can Too!)
While some business owners have given up on Facebook, the fact of the matter is Facebook is by far the most popular social platform out there. People spend a lot of time on Facebook, so if you want to reach a wide demographic, Facebook is the place to be.
But again, your visuals have to be on point to get noticed. Being one of the biggest platforms means you’re also competing with a lot of other people in the news feed.
Here are the graphics you’ll need for Facebook:
Facebook regular post:
Facebook content upgrade post:
What makes a great Facebook graphic?
- Ideal sizing: There are multiple sizes you can use for your Facebook page. We recommend 1200 x 900 or 1200 x 628.
- Highlight what makes you different: You’re competing with a lot of other brands and people on the Facebook news feed. How can you use your graphics to stand out?
- A picture is worth 1,000 words: Often you can share a lot about your blog post without having to say a lot in the caption. Tell more of your story in the graphic than in the caption.
P.S. Give us a follow on Facebook!
You only have 140 characters to share your blog post on Twitter, so graphics are a great way to tell more of the story without dipping into the character limit. You know the saying a picture is worth a thousand words? It’s totally true, especially with Twitter!
Did you know that tweets with an image averages a 35% boost in retweets?
Here’s what you’ll need for Twitter graphics:
Graphic to promote blog post:
Graphic to promote blog post with content upgrade:
What makes a great Twitter graphic?
- Ideal sizing: 800 x 320 or 506 x 253
- Congruent with your brand: Again, incorporate your branding into your images.
- Eye catching images: Make your blog title stand out by using bold text.
P.S. Give us a follow on Twitter!
Struggle with creating graphics? We got you covered!
If you struggle with creating graphics for your brand but aren’t able to afford to outsource your graphic design, we’ve got just the product for you, our new Canva Social Media Templates!
This package includes professionally designed Canva Social Media Templates for 15 of the most popular types of graphics you need:
- Facebook Cover
- Twitter Header
- Instagram Webinar
- Instagram Quote
- Instagram Post
- Instagram Post w/ Content Upgrade
- Pinterest Post
- Pinterest Post w/ Content Upgrade
- Instagram Stories Post
- Instagram Stories Post w/ Content Upgrade
- Instagram Stories Webinar
- Instagram Stories Quote
- Facebook & Twitter Post
- Facebook & Twitter Post w/ Content Upgrade
- Content Upgrade Button
Each template includes 3 variations to give your social media a distinct, but consistent look.
We’re offering a discounted launch price of $39 for all of these templates until May 31. After that date, it will increase to $49.
Head on over to our shop to read more about our templates and to purchase!
I’m Kathie of Bluchic, and together with my husband I create stunning, feminine WordPress themes for female entrepreneurs and bloggers since 2012 when we noticed a gap in the market for WordPress themes that looked as good as they functioned.
Follow on Twitter l Instagram l Facebook l Pinterest